CSIR NIO Regional Center Recruitment
CSIR – National Institute of Oceanography, a constituent national laboratory of Council of Scientific &
Industrial Research Institute (CSIR), invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of the
following project staff, purely on a temporary contractual basis to carry out research work on the R&D
project and to be engaged in NIO Regional Centre , Goa, MumbaiKochi.:
Mode of Selection:
If number of applications are more, then selection committee will fix a criteria to shortlist the
applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. Selection will be done on
the basis of online interview through either Skype/Google Meet/Zoom or any other suitable
software, as decided by the competent authority.
Applications received after the due date (02 October 2022) will be rejected. The short-listed
candidates will be informed through e-mail/website.
The interview date will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates through email.
*. The above date for interview are proposed date may be subjected to change and (if any) will be
communicated to the shortlisted candidates. Exact date and interview timings will be communicated to
the shortlisted candidates by email.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The engagement will be on purely temporary and contractual basis for the period mentioned in
the advertisement. It is exclusively for the above mentioned research work and the tenure shall
be co-terminus with the project duration or till the completion of tenure whichever is earlier.
2. The engagement under this project does not confer any right/claim whatsoever either explicitly
or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointments in CSIR-NIO/CSIR, against any post or
otherwise under any legal conditions precedent. It would therefore, not confer any right/claim,
implicit or explicit, on the part of the candidates for regularization/absorption against any post
in CSIR/NIO or under any other scheme of CSIR.
3. Performance of the project staff would be reviewed periodically so that any one not found up to
the mark, could be terminated with one month’s notice or one month’s stipend in lieu thereof.
4. The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and/or experience shall be the
closing date prescribed for submission of applications .
5. The period of experience in a discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, should be in
relevant area of work/field indicated against such position which shall be counted after the date
of acquiring the minimum essential educational qualifications prescribed for that position.
6. The students in the final semester and results awaited candidates are not eligible to apply and
their applications will not be considered.
7. Stipend may be revised depending on the funding agency guidelines issued time to time.
8. Candidates should note that non-fulfillment of the eligibility criterion will result in cancellation
of candidature at any stage.
9. Incomplete applications without proper format and without eligibility supporting documents
will not be considered.
CANVASSING IN ANY FORM AND/OR BRINGING IN ANY INFLUENCE OR OTHERWISE WILL BE
TREATED AS A DISQUALIFICATION FOR THE POST APPLIED FOR. INTERIM ENQUIRIES MAY NOT BE